So a zillion and one things have occurred and always occur in my silly little life that creates comical relief to most of my friends and family and as I wrote before, the whole purpose of starting this whole blog was to keep my loved ones up to date of these silly little moments. As I've also written, I am stinkin at writing them all down. So to try and make one more effort I am writing my most recent situation that occurred this morning. Billy worked pretty late last night so it was my turn to take Alex to school. I found out yesterday when I was at her school as "mystery reader" that she has been tardy 5 times in the past 20 days. Billy will be getting a time out on that one soon. Alex has unfortunately inherited his pokey the puppy mentality when it comes to mornings and it takes both of them quite an extra bit of time to get ready. On the days that he takes her to school, there is a high percentage that she may not make it there on time. It's something we are working on. So today we jump in the car at 7:20 (she needs to be there by 7:50 and it's bascially 2 blocks away) so we had plenty of time. I'm not exactly pokey like Alex and Bill in the morning, but I certainly make up for it in being dopey, especially before coffee. My sister likes to call it "er"; as in clumsiER, or dopiER or dumbER, etc.
Whiile leaving this morning, our driveway has a bit of an interesting slight curve to it (just ask Paul - he drove over the gutter this weekend while driving out of it) so in order to avoid Hannah's car, I drove directly into the bush onto the other side, deep enough to have to back out and try again. This brought serious comical relief to our lovely daughter in the back seat.
Once we got to the part of dropping her off in front, we realized that she had left her packback and had to leave and come back home to get it. We drove BACK home, grabbed the packback and made our second attempt to drop her off. After she got out of the car, her dopiER Mama drove straight over the orange caution cone. I tried to giggle it off and apologized to the teacher who saw me do it, but to my fabulous luck, I somehow managed to truly get the stupid thing stuck. I had to drive to the side and two teachers tried to get the cone out of the front right tire area with no success. I wound up having to get out of the car to try and help. This brings me to another point of the story where if parents drop off their kids, they are more than likely not appropriately dressed to be seen other than sitting in the drivers seat. Today, I was no exception. I had on my huge clown size down slippers and my pajama pants (which most people know can be quite comfortable and quite unfashionable). Since Billy was still sleeping, I didn't take the time dressing appropriately waste up so I had a "not acceptable for leaving the house much less bedroom" shirt on and didn't waste my time looking for a bra to boot. When leaving the house I just grabbed my huge winter coat to hide my fabulouse NY runway outfit and figured to be home no less than 5 minutes later.
SOOO out of the car I had to go and then of course I had to go UNDER the car to try and get this stupid $%%*##(@ plastic cone unstuck from the front part of my car. My least favorite teacher/asst principal was now outside trying to give me directions on what I needed to do to get the cone lodged out. I'm not going to go too much into it, that's for another blog, but let's just go ahead and write that she's not my favorite person. I almost had the cone loose but she insisted that I return to my car as there was a line of children coming up behind me and one of the little kids yelled "hey, you can see that lady's butt crack!" It appears that I need to purchase a longer winter coat. So after arguing with her about the fact that I almost had it, she made me get back into my car. After that she went inside bringing out about 7 teachers - way too many to get one single cone out, but plenty enough teachers to cause a huge sceen. I unfortunately saw another mom I know from Alex's grade and while she drove by my fiasco, I do believe she was crying from laughing so hard. Eventually the cone was pulled out. After all of that my "best friend" the asst principal told me that it was okay, don't worry about the cone, she wasn't going to charge me. I flatly explained to her that I wasn't planning on paying for it and started my car back up to drive away. I thanked the entire East Valley staff who was pretty much out there watching the whole dreaded scene at this time and am truly looking forward to being there on Thursday to see all of these wonderfu people again for her Christmas party. I hope you all are having a happy morning!
Love,
Dee
You really should write more of these down. Was this the story I was going to get when you tried to call me this morning? Now I am sorry I was so busy. :)
ReplyDeleteThis story literally made me laugh out loud at my desk. Thanks for sharing! How have you been??? Miss you, and I hope all is well. Happy Nwe Year!
ReplyDelete