Thursday, September 2, 2010

Patriotic Alex


Go to youtube.com and type in mamadeesaid to watch our beautiful little girl sing the National Anthem at the Braves game on Sunday.

I think that almost every Mom and Dad are proud and excited for all of the great things their children do. Billy and I are no exception to this. The only word I can think of that described how I felt watching my baby girl sing the national anthem at the braves game is "beaming". Such a great experience to see and more importantly for her to have and keep in her memories forever.

She is such a great kid and I love how she just dives into new things with passion and drive. I think it's because of this that she succeeds in whatever she puts her mind to. She overcame an impressive bout of peer pressure to join chorus in the first place. A friend of hers in class (Maddie) asked her to not try out because she said that if she tried out and Alex tried out and if Maddie didn't make it, it would upset Maddie too much and so Maddie didn't know if they could be friends after this. Alex told Maddie that she was sorry she felt so strongly about it, but that she was going to try out regardless because it was something she really wanted to do. Its not an easy lesson to learn to stick up for yourself, stand on your own two feet and make your own path in life with your own choices. I am so proud that she is learning to do this at such a young age. To give you the ending of this story - both Alex and Maddie tried out for chorus. Maddie didn't make it. They are still "friends".

We spent the game time with Billy, Matt, Josh, Hannah, Sue, Lynn and sweet Janie. I think all had a good time. We left in the top of the 5th with the braves losing to the marlins, but the braves came back in the end and won the game.

So here is another great example of the things that make up our little girl. I'm sure I will be able to post many more examples in my future blogs. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment