So per a few people's requests, I have been asked to share some of my crazy moments that seem to only happen to me. As some of you know, I have been interviewing for a job position to bring in steady money for the family. I had an interview opportunity that I was excited about as an office manager not too far from me (I'll leave the name out of the blog) that had an impressive salary range so I was pretty pumped. I dressed up as business like as I could (and I can throw it together if need be) and had all my ducks in a row and was off to the interview. The only thing that I didn't bring with me unfortunately was an umbrella. When I arrived at the office parking lot, I was disappointed to see that they did not have any underground parking and I would have to walk a little bit in the rain. This normally isn't a big deal for me, but since I had straightened my hair, any water that touches it makes it curly again and it just basically grows outward. You can go ahead and picture Monica on friends in that vacation episode or Rosana Rosana Danah as this is pretty much what happens when Dee's straight hair gets wet. I sat in the car and waited until it was down to a light sprinkle before venturing out into the rain. As things normally go, as soon as I got out of the car and took about two steps, the heavens decided to open and a massive downpour started - so severe that I was wondering if hail was involved. I started to "run" to the front of the building. "Running" is not my fortay as it is and trying to run in the heels I was wearing was...well....impossible. Within a few feet I had reached a HUGE massive puddle and no way around it. I tried running through it and because I am the most graceful person on the planet I slip and cartoon flipped right onto my back into about a 3 inch puddle. Thankfully I didn't hurt myself, but there I was completely soaked by the rain anyways and now lying in a puddle totally saturating my suit from jacket down through bra, pants through panties. Now let's remember that it was downpouring still so my face was looking into the heavens being pelted by seriously harsh rain. So much for make-up, doing hair and at this point even getting dressed. There was a man behind me hurrying to get into the building as well and when he saw the whole thing, his only response was "OH MY GOD". He helped me up and my dead sexy self walked in behind him into the building. Once I got onto the floor, the company had one of those very high security offices so I couldn't get in without the receptionist buzzing me into the front door. When she saw me, her only reaction was "WHAT HAPPENED". I asked her if I could use the restroom and she informed me that the restroom was in the office part of the building where I would need more security to get into that she didn't have. I would have to wait for the person INTERVIEWING ME to let me in. I asked her if she at least had a mirror, which she didn't. SO the lady interviewing me came out and stopped in her tracks with her jaw dropped and mouth wide open when she saw me. I tried to play it off and just politely asked her if I may use the restroom. When I got to the restroom and looked into the mirror all I could do was laugh. I had mascara down to my mouth on both eyes and my hair looked like someone had poured a bucket of water over it. My suit was soaked to the core. I used about 1000 paper towels in the bathroom trying to compose myself to look somewhat normal to start the interview process. I was interviewing with 4 people and then was expected to take some testing. I seemed to do okay with the first two people that I interviewed with. By the time person #3 came around, my hair was starting to dry. This was NOT a good thing. If anyone has seen me in the morning, I can look impressively like a rasta man who has stuck his finger in an electric socket. Person #3 was of course, the president of the company. When I walked into his office and he looked at me, his face was sheer terror. Again, I did the best I could, knowing I would be the talk of the day after I left. I still had at least 1.5 hours to go there. After interviewing with him, I interviewed with my last person. By that time I was so frazzled that I couldn't think straight. Not to mention, I was DYING of thirst. I had been there for 4 hours and no one had offered me anything to drink, no water, coffee or anything. The last person I interviewed with went as far as telling me that I had a "unique" fashion style. After all of that I had to take some testing, which for the most part was fine until I completely got a brain block on fractions of all things. So after I was done with all of that, I said my goodbye's and left. It really was not a shock when I received the phone call a few days later letting me know that they had gone with another candidate.
Ps. My suit shrunk in the rain. Joy!
No comments:
Post a Comment