Sunday, August 15, 2010

The year of the Tiger, the season of Family

The year of the Tiger, the season of Family
[info]crazyhappylife
The year of the Tiger - at least that's what it is to the Chinese...The year of the tiger emphasizes courage and to have courage throughout the year to overcome life's obstacles. It seems to be a bit generic to me, as if could equate to any year in particular, but who am I to judge or criticize a bagillion year tradition of 1/3 of the population of the world?

For me - every year rolls in and out of certain themes, almost seasonal. The summer season "theme" definitely seems to be family. My family not only includes blood relatives but a few friends along the way that have been bumped into that category. I have spent most of the past two months with a family member somewhere. I've spent time with my in laws - more than I normally do, and have gotten to enjoy my niece and nephew. I've spent time with my sister, who came to visit for 10 days in May and I've gotten the chance to see all of my cousins, their kids and my aunts & uncle on my Mom's side this summer along with spend quality time with my girls & Paulie - all of whom I consider extended family.

I think because of certain turns my life has taken as of late and because of such an emphasis on family, I have found my inner self again. I've been more relaxed and less stressed than I have in many many years. I am content and happy for the first time in a long time.

It's a lazy saturday morning and it's time like these that remind me how great life is & how good I've got it. I've got a goof ball husband who makes me laugh and who I am very much in love with, three happy giggly kids and a great lil' sis living with me. I have an amazing house that is so very much home to me and my life is completely surrounded by loved ones, by family.

I hope your "season" right now gives you a few moments to reflect on yourself and the things in life that make you happy. I also hope that you take a moment to enjoy your life, what you have and who is in it to make it so special.

No comments:

Post a Comment