
So today was a fairly normal day. To update all of you, I am having my back surgery tomorrow. I can't even begin to describe to you how happy I am. This has been going on wayyyy too long. It's scheduled for 10:30 am, which will be a long morning since I can't eat or drink anything after mid-night tonight. They are removing 8 fatty tissue nodules and removing a nerve cluster that has grown on the left side of the surgical site. I am also having problems with my fasset joints so they are doing a nerve root block on those as well. Your basic over all spinal tune up! I won't know until tomorrow if the insurance has approved all of it, or one side of it. Apparently the insurance companies usually only approve one side at a time, which I think is pretty ridiculous since it probably costs more to do two surgerys. If only one side is approved, then I go under the knife again soon - sometime in the next few weeks. Hopefully Aetna will be kind and has approved both sides.
Some time this afternoon a painting man came by looking for work. He was a kind older man and the kids took quite a liking to him. Matty cracked me up afterwards. Most kids that like a person in a specific profession want to work in that profession when they "grow up". Well I guess Matty is JUST like his Father (no surprise there)!!! Instead of telling us later "When I grow up, I want to be a painter!", He told us all "When I grow up, I want to hire a painter!". He is so silly. He is also quite loving. He picks me a flower (or weed or piece of grass or something) almost every single day. It's just his special way of telling me he loves me. Today when we were getting out of the car after I picked him up from school, he opened my door for me. He really is a sweet little man!
Josh has decided that it is now okay for us to call him Josh again. His Batman pajamas are clean again so let's see what he decides later tonight if he wears them!
I took a picture of Alex today because she is growing up so fast....she is such a big girl. Most of us have all felt as if she was an old soul, and that still holds true today, but it's hard to believe sometimes that she is 6. She looked so cute today in her little outfit, don'tcha think?
Hannah is coming home tomorrow - I can't wait! I'm so excited. I'm going to make her a cake tonight.
Okay I just got back from the grocery store WITHOUT the kids! It was pleasant until I realized that I had the wrong bank card and had no way of paying for it. And of course there were only 2 lines open so there were 5 people behind me. And of course I had to call Billy and have him go up there to pay with the right card. Nothing like a little embarrassment to end the evening. Well at least my grocery shopping is finished.....
No comments:
Post a Comment