Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Back operation 2.9
So yesterday I had my 64,0000th surgery on my back. This one was just a major procedure, but as far as procedures go, I guess it was a big deal. They did a nerve ablasion in a set of 3 in my L4-L5 R1 hardware area. Basically they removed a nerve from my body. The first of the 3, I was put under like any normal person would, but this time, I asked them to not sedate me and just give me enough medicine to take the edge off so I could watch what they were doing. This may seem like a bit gross or strange to you, but let me tell you, when you have a huge screen in front of you and you can see really cool things like this happening to your body, it's pretty amazing. SO they agreed and I got to watch them do the procedure until it hurt to the point where I asked them to go ahead and knock me out. By that point tho, most of it had been completed so it was pretty cool to watch. I went home and rested afterwards and was in a little more pain than usual, but not too bad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment