Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Well, crap! I forgot I'm not superwoman!

So today I woke up a bit on the groggy not so great side but decided to ignore it and start my day non the less. It was our anniversary today and I wanted to go to Target with Hannah to get chocolate cake mix (not my favorite by any means, but it IS Billy's so I wanted to do something nice) and get the kids their valentines stuff for school, etc. By the time we got to Target, I was feeling less than great. We grabbed all of the items we needed and I was at the end of my trip picking out an anniversary card for Billy. It was about then that I realized that MAYBE I had pushed my body a LITTLE too much and really went from feeling "not so great" to downright crappy. I grabbed a very suitable card for our relationship and instead of turning and walking away, my body decided to call it quits for a moment and I went head first ( I think) into the card stack. Don't remember much about it, just know that all of a sudden I was on the floor with about a hundred cards around me and I was quite dizzy. I found Hannah in the next isle, threw the card in the cart and told her I had to go to the car. I called my doc when I got to the car - the one that did the surgery yesterday and he told me to go to the emergency room (boo). SO Hannah and the boys took me to Northside where they checked to make sure i hadn't had a stroke or any crazy stuff like that. It boiled down to my blood vessels were still expanded from surgery and I was doing too much too soon (SHOCKER) so I was ordered go home and go to bed for a while. So much for a fun romantic anniversary. Hannah and Alex made the cake for me though and before dinner I managed to frost it so we could have a piece after dinner. Somehow I still haven't given him his card.....
So I'm blamming target. Now please don't get me wrong...I adore the store and frequent it often.....but I am starting to have a list of target memories that I'd rather forget. At least this one did not include wet fruit punch powder power aid from head to toe with a woman screaming "she's going into labor!!!!"

1 comment:

  1. wow, I think you ARE superwoman!!! How crazy you must be to think you could do all of that, right after surgery. woman, you need to relax and make everyone pamper you. :-) I hope you heal fast.

    ReplyDelete